Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2014
    • (edited Feb 17th 2015)

There was a weird effect that types did not use to redirect to type (the links on all entries using “types” were gray and broken) even though the entry type did declare that redirect.

I think I once tried to fix it by clearing that redirect command and entering it again, but without effect. Now I did it once more, and now it seems to work.

Sorry, so this is not a report of a problem. The problem seems to have gone away. But something strange may still be going on. Or else I am maybe dreaming.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2014
    • (edited Nov 1st 2014)

No, I am not dreaming. This kind of problem also affects other entries. I have run into two more.

Currently the redirect type theories is broken. Check out the Sandobox, but see the last line of the source for the entry “type theory” to see that the redirect is declared all right.

Last time removing the redirect and then retyping it seemed to be what solved the problem. I won’t do it now, to retain the chance to identify what the problem is.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2014
    • (edited Nov 2nd 2014)

I deleted spaces then reinserted them and the problem cleared. This suggests that there may have been some unseen character lurking there. I also deleted one blank line above the redirect.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2014

The problem appeared also for dependent types.

I have first tried replacing just the whitespace in the redirect

[[!redirects dependent types]]

but that did not help. Then I have removed the whole line and retyped it. That helped.

So something bad is still going on.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthoradeelkh
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2014

Very strange. I will try to look into this at some point.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014

Is it maybe not a coincidence that the problem occurs in entries with the word “type” in them? Maybe “type” is also being used (now) as a command for instiki, of sorts, so that the parser gets mixed up?

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2015
    • (edited Jan 16th 2015)

Ah, no, the problem is not related to the string “type”. I now see the same problem with “invariants”.

Check out the Sandbox which has in the source code

[[invariants]]

but produces a grayish broken link, even though the entry invariant does declare the redirect (and does so without typos, unless I am mixed up).

But here is something even stranger, which might give a hint as to what’s going on: I noticed the broken links while looking at group cohomology (which certainly did not use to have any broken links back then). Now, while the two links coded

[[invariants]]

there were broken (I have worked around it now by hand), the entry also had the code

[[invariants|∞-invariants]]

and that did produce a working link (even though there was the “s” there ).

Maybe I shouldn’t have worked around both problems in the entry “group cohomology”, for the second (non-)issue doesn’t reproduce in the Sandbox.

But anyway, something is still broken with the redirects.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2015
    • (edited Feb 17th 2015)

Just for the record: the redirects-bug persists. I keep running into redirects that certainly did work, but no longer do. See for instance here the second paragraph. The links to Cattaneo and Felder are broken, even though the redirects to, respectively, Alberto Cattaneo and Giovanni Felder do exist.