Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2015

I see only now that last year Eduardo Dubuc had created an entry Dubuc topos (whose existence had long been requested from the entry synthetic differential geometry, where a link to a mailing list message of the same or essentially the same content had long been kept already).

The entry Dubuc topos could do with some more formatting, but since it is written in first person, I am hesitant to touch it, as that would entail major editing to get the attributions right. Maybe it’s good the way it is in this raw form, as a document.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

I agree on the formatting. It might be worth putting in a modicum of page structure (idea, history, references - only a little would be needed, I think) and putting Eduardo’s contributions in a long section on its own, attributing that section solely to him.

• CommentRowNumber3.

I did a little bit of work, and putting in some links to other parts of the lab. This necessitated modifying Dubuc’s text a tiny bit here and there, but I hope not too much.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

I extracted Dubuc’s definition of his topos for the ’Idea’, but that obviously needs some elaboration along the lines of what we’re told in (B) about germ determined ideals.

• CommentRowNumber5.

I think some more consistent linking to people pages is needed (and we need some new ones! Jacques Penon for one…)

I’m tempted to move the references Dubuc gives down into the references section, and then give them anchors so when he refers to them they can be linked. Once we get this into a reasonable shape it might be worth contacting him to let him know it’s been edited (as I’d hate to alienate someone because they didn’t realise the possibility of their work being edited.

At the very least, the list of papers can be copied down to the references section and given links to sources etc.

• CommentRowNumber6.

I’ve linked to as many papers as I could find.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks for your work!

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2015

I did a little more linking, and put in a reference to Penon’s thesis