Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2015

I have started rational equivariant stable homotopy theory, but so far there is nothing but references.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2015

I see they’re pushing on to SO(3)SO(3), as mentioned in Rational SO(2)-Equivariant Spectra

M. Kedziorek. An algebraic model for rational SO(3) - spectra. In preparation.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2015
    • (edited Nov 22nd 2015)

Thanks for the pointer! Apparently this is a thesis which is out be now, see here. Am adding it to the entry now.

What I am actually after is equivariance with respect to finite subgroups of SO(3)SO(3). But of course some of them factor through the inclusion O(2)SO(3)O(2) \hookrightarrow SO(3), the cyclic groups and the dihedral groups. Moreover, I am after seeing whether the quaternionic Hopf fibration with its canonical action by SO(3)SO(3) becomes a non-torsion element for any of these subgroups, in the corresponding RO(G)-degree 3. If that works for the cyclic groups of the dihedral groups, then it will be visible already in just SO(2)SO(2)-equivariant homotopy theory.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2015

I added that first item mentioned in #2:

It only came out last week.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2015

Thanks. And I just fixed a typo in #3: of course the Dihedral group sits in O(2)SO(3)O(2) \hookrightarrow SO(3), not in SO(2)SO(2).

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2020
    • (edited Sep 10th 2020)

added pointer to:

diff, v18, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2021

added pointer to:

diff, v22, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2021

added pointer to:

(previously we just had a pointer to the thesis of a similar title)

diff, v24, current