Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2015

Our entries formal scheme and formal spectrum need attention. They fail to state their definitions clearly, and in parts to the extent that the main point is lost.

At formal scheme I have tried to clean up a bit right there in the Idea-section. But this needs to be expanded on.

What I really came for to this entry is that I wanted to make explicit the basic example which I now did add as

1. In definition 1, it said “codirected colimit”, but I presume it should’ve been “codirect limit”.

Anonymous

diff, v28, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2020

No, it should have said “directed colimit” (Demazure refers to a “direct limit”, but this is old-fashioned terminology for a colimit, in contrast to inverse limits which today are called limits). I’ve rolled back and corrected.