Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorporton
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2016

From the definition of directed topological space it follows that the unit circle with 2n2n circumference clockwise paths (nn\in\mathbb{N}) is a d-space.

This d-space is “nonlocal” that is not determined by small fragments of the path.

“Regular” clockwise circle with nn circumference clockwise paths (nn\in\mathbb{N}) is a d-space too. And this one is “local”.

I ask you to help me define “locality” or “nonlocality” of d-spaces. What is the definition and how is it called?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorporton
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2016
    • (edited Jul 30th 2016)

Possible definition of locality:

From every non-constant d-path we can “extract” a non-constant simple d-path which is its subpath.

Does this definition conform to the intuition about (non)locality?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorporton
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2016

Sorry, completely wrong:

I was pointed that the unit circle with 2n2n circumference clockwise paths is not a d-space, because from every path a shorter path can be extracted.