Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2016

At Fréchet space I have added to the Idea-section a paragraph motivating the definition via families of seminorms from the example of =lim n n\mathbb{R}^\infty = \underset{\longleftarrow}{\lim}_n \mathbb{R}^n. And I touched the description of this example in the main text, now here.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2016
    • (edited Sep 4th 2016)

(Beware that the same symbol “ \mathbb{R}^\infty” is also used for the corresponding direct sum/injective limit, which is different.)

Also it is used for the same (“projective”) limit but with n\mathbb{R}^n being a dicrete space (what leads to a linearly compact vector space). I added redirect linearly compact vector space to linearly compact module.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2017
    • (edited Oct 18th 2017)

I have added the statement (here) that “path smooth” linear functions on a Fréchet space are continuous.

(This sounds like the kind of statement somebody here would already have recorded years back, but I didn’t find it stated in any entry.)

1. adding dollar signs in spots (such as in the definition of the directional derivative, Frechet spaces F, G) where they are missing

cofo

diff, v34, current