Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthortomr
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2016
    • (edited Nov 2nd 2016)
    I asked about approximation methods to overcome undecidability in Stackexchange and there was good answer:
    http://cstheory.stackexchange.com/questions/18716/good-reference-about-approximate-methods-for-solving-logic-problems
    I also have found several papers about it. E.g. undecidability of modalo logics can be overcome by limiting depth of nesting of modal operators. While this is not mathematically pure solution, it is very good approximation to the human reasoning that is not quite capable of self-reflection.

Are there chances that heuristic methods - e.g. genetic algorithms or neural networks can overome undecidability problem - e.g. by discovering theorems and proofs that can not be discovered by algorithmic methods?

I see big prospects for categorical logic to become the universal logic that unifies all sorts of reasoning types (human agent modelling, creativity modelling, mathematical reasoninig, legal reasoning are all types of reasoning that requires different different methods but the application borders are smooth and therefore unification is necessary) but the application will be impossible if there is no methods for handling undecidable cases. Therefore one should be able to overcome undecidability.