Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010

I have just uploaded a new 10 chapter version of the menagerie notes. It can be got at via my n-lab page then to my personal n-lab page and follow the link.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

Direct link to page: crossed menagerie (timporter)

• CommentRowNumber3.

I was actually hoping that by visiting my nlab page visitors would see the other stuff there as well!!!!

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Feb 9th 2010)

You should at least add the link to your page then. It is dangerous not to leave any links when referencing stuff. People are lazy and will not go through the trouble of googling the keywords that you provided.

• CommentRowNumber5.

Ooops! I simply wanted to put some link in there, but clearly chose the wrong end of the chain. Here are the other steps:

Direct link to HomePage (timporter) and to Tim Porter (latter is the page on the nLab).

How about if I make everything a link to your page on the nLab to make up for it?

• CommentRowNumber6.

(Or, as a milder version of Urs' comment, if you leave something for the lab elves to do - such as adding in links - then there's always a chance that they'll get it wrong. If, as is possible in this case, you don't know the syntax for linking back to the nLab or other webs from here, take a look at the 'FAQ' tab along the top row.)

• CommentRowNumber7.

Don't worry!!! I am not at all bothered about which way to do this. My sneaky way may put off some so can someone please put in direct links. (Either Andrew or Urs) as my use of the lab makes me only use the basics and sometimes the next layer down gets mystifying. (It took me quite a few minutes to find the way to delete the old version and upload the new, for instance. It is very simple and well explained, but I was very rusty on how to do it.)

Please do not link everything to my page!!!!!!!! :(

• CommentRowNumber8.

I don't think that there's any need to edit your original entry to put in the links. I think that anyone curious will be able to follow one of the links in the follow-up comments!

The "link everything to your page" comment was self-referencial (spelling?) - that whole sentence was a link to your page. I wasn't threatening to make everything link there.

(Hmm, that gives me an idea for 1st April ...)