Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2017

created a minimum at projective bundle

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2017

I can add some observation about how not every projective bundle is the projectivisation of a vector bundle, etc. in the coming days.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks. When you do that, you should also state the definition (I suppose fiber bundle with a projective space as the typical fiber) because at the moment the entry only talks about projectivisation of vector bundles.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

Will do.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2020
    • (edited Dec 30th 2020)

added a basic note (here) on the splitting off of line bundles in the pullback bundle to a projective bundle

diff, v4, current

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

I think also the complete splitting could be executed in one shot by pulling back to a “flag bundle” associated to a vector bundle. I’m not sure what terminology people use though.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Sure, as in the reference given. Discussion of that might naturally go to a page flag bundle.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2020

spelled out (here) the example of complex projective bundles of tautological quaternionic line bundles:

P ( P n) P 2n+1 v ×v × P n \array{ P_{\mathbb{C}} \big( \mathcal{L}_{{}_{\mathbb{H}P^n}} \big) && \simeq && \mathbb{C}P^{2n+1} \\ & \searrow && \swarrow_{ \mathrlap{ v \cdot \mathbb{C}^\times \,\mapsto\, v \cdot \mathbb{H}^\times } } \\ && \mathbb{H}P^n }

diff, v5, current