Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2017
    • (edited Jul 11th 2017)

the graphics at the old entry horizontal composition comes out wrong on my system. What’s going on? This is included as SVG.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter

It is wrong on mine. I presume the svg is somehow corrupt. (Has the version of svg changed?)

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire
    • (edited Jul 11th 2017)

the graphics at the old entry horizontal composition comes out wrong on my system. What’s going on?

Urs. You should say what browser you are using. For my Firefox 56.0a1 (2017-06-30) (32-bit) it displays funny. In my Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 not only does it display funny but the display changes with different zoom levels.

I presume the svg is somehow corrupt.

Nah. horizontal composition - SVG is unchanged since it was Created on December 4, 2010. It uses MathMl in SVG. What has changed is how badly browsers do or don’t support this embedding.

Right now the figure could be “fixed” by just using SVG <text> elements and <tspan>s to fake sub and super script.

People are sill hoping that Chrome will directly support MathMl (rather than using MathJax) and MathMl in SVG in both browsers will be supported.

While the MathMl in SVG figures could be fixed as above someone should keep a list of them to see how they fare under browser upgrades.

1. I have edited the svg to have a better result.
    I hope this helps.
    • CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2023

added pointer to:

diff, v12, current

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2023

and pointer to:

diff, v12, current