Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorPeter Heinig
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2017

Added a reference to plane graph. (Started this thread since it appear not to have had one.)

1. slightly expanded explanation

diff, v4, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2018

Added toc

diff, v5, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2018

Interestingly the line

* table of contents

just about the command to include the table of contents doesn’t show up on the rendered page. I copied this from inductive tensor product, where it also doesn’t show up. I thought that this used to appear.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • (edited Aug 30th 2018)

Hi David, thanks for adding it. I believe it is correct, one needs #Contents before those two lines to get the header. Or you can use the new syntax: one line \tableofcontents.

2. Using new syntax for table of contents.

diff, v6, current

• CommentRowNumber7.

Oh, so is the syntax block

* table of contents
    {: toc}

a single command that includes the toc on the page? I would have thought it was just the second line that did that, but I have never played with it, or noticed before (I usually cut-and-paste header material like that from another entry).

Also, the new \tableofcontents just turns up in the text for me on plane graph, with no toc appearing.

3. I believe so, yes. Strange that it does not appear. Is it \table of contents or \tableofcontents that you see? And does it render if you refresh?

• CommentRowNumber9.

It was \tableofcontents, but now it’s working (didn’t even need to refresh, just clicked on the link #7)

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • (edited Aug 30th 2018)

Strange! It sounds like some issue with caching, but I cannot quite understand how it would happen. I did make a mistake in my initial edit where I wrote \table of contents, so that this was displayed verbatim on the screen, and I wondered if it was this that you had seen. But if not, then things are mysterious. Maybe it is related to the behaviour Urs has described a couple of times where links are not rendering. Let’s keep an eye on it, please let me know of any further occurrences that you spot.

4. I’m not sure if this is related, but a couple days ago when I edited combinatorics - contents I noticed it took a while for the changes to show up in the side bar of pages including it.

Another thing I keep seeing is that links to named sections of articles (of the form otherarticle#section or nicely named other article section, where otherarticle is the name of another article) are broken. For example, check out the link to Möbius inversion#IncidenceAlgebrasZetaFn from category algebra#incidence_algebras_poset_convolution_algebras. (Paradoxically, both of these direct section links work from here at the nForum!)

5. when I edited combinatorics - contents I noticed it took a while for the changes to show up in the side bar of pages including it.

Yes, after the introduction of the new renderer, when one edits a page, only the immediate page one has edited is rendered synchronously; the others are rendered asynchronously, and it can take time before this is finished. I have been trying a few things to try to improve how this is done, but am still unhappy with things at the moment; it is neither satisfactorily robust nor quick enough. I will try something different when I get the time, probably in a few days.

Another thing I keep seeing is that links to named sections of articles … are broken

Thanks very much for raising this. The reason for this is quite simple: this syntax is not supported by the new renderer yet, because I was not aware of it being use anywhere! I will fix it as soon as time allows.

6. I will try something different when I get the time, probably in a few days.

I have made a few tweaks now to try to improve things. Too early to say whether they have helped significantly, I’ll check on it tomorrow.

7. Another thing I keep seeing is that links to named sections of articles…are broken. For example, check out the link to Möbius inversion#IncidenceAlgebrasZetaFn from category algebra#incidence_algebras_poset_convolution_algebras.

I have hopefully fixed this now.

8. thank you Richard!