Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2017

created pullback of a distribution, just for completeness

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2017

added statement of a second sufficient condition for the pullback of distributions to exist: their wave front set does not intersect the conormal bundle of the map being pulled back along: here

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2017

Oh, here I see what I was talking in another entry. The formula for pullback has Jacobian…this is exactly because Hoermander takes generalized 1-densities and not generalized functions in geometric sense. For generalized functions as functionals on classical distributions (1-densities), no conditions for pullback.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2017
    • (edited Aug 8th 2017)

Wait a second. I was wrong in 3. To pushforward the test 1-density as a measure no problem but you can loose smoothness if it is not a submersion. Thus the condition that one needs submersion if one wants to pullback all generalized functions.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2017

added to pullback of distributions the example of restrictions of distributions: here

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2017
    • (edited Dec 28th 2017)

added characterization of the wave front set of the pullback of a distribution: here

[edit: fixed]