Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorBrian
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2017
    • (edited Sep 2nd 2017)
    Hello

I would like to ask is cohesive homotopy type theory and rearticulation of modern physics in this framework, compatible with some specific kind of philosophy, ancient eastern philosophy or maybe with Pantheism for example?
    I know that some of Hegels ideas resonate here.

P.S.

Please forgive me my language, english is not my first language.
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2017
    • (edited Sep 10th 2017)

Sorry for the slow reply. There are some thoughts about this in the entry Science of Logic.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorBrian
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2017
    • (edited Sep 14th 2017)
    Thank you very much for response. I asked becourse I find this article:

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/305913763_Internal_logic_of_the_purely_self-related_One_A_mathematical_model_for_an_Univalent_Theory-of-Everything

in which autor took a lot of your work, which is in footnotes.
    His project also include elements of Hegel's philosophy, but also the Buddhist principle of lack of absolute identity.
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2017
    • (edited Sep 16th 2017)

@Brian

that author has on RG six papers on particle physics from the late 90s jointly authored with his PhD supervisor, a thesis from Paris 7 in 1998, one 8-page paper from 2011 on the arXiv whose abstract starts

This article introduces Universal Quantum Relativity which is a simple Theory of Everything. It relies on an ultimate doctrine that is the absence of absolute existence. This generalizes relativity principles up to a mother quantum theory. […]

and two other pieces of writing that I hesitate to call articles. One (4 pages long) claims to extract the full standard model with no extraneous particles from a sedenion representation, but which has an elementary mathematical error in the second sentence of the abstract: “In this representation the 16-dimensional sedenions algebra is seen as 2-dimensional vector space over quaternions field.” and needs to remind the reader on the first page what the various quarks are called. The other is the one you mention above and has the concluding paragraph

In order to experimentally confirm the theory, it should be further formalized in three main directions. First, one should check if the properties of our observable Universe, recently characterized through analysis of the cosmic microwave background fluctuations thanks to WMAP and Planck observations can be reproduced. In particular one should compute the quadrupole and octopole orientations of the CMB within Univalent ToE and make a prediction on whether they are aligned with each other or not. Then, transferring knowledge from homotopy type theory to algebraic topology and higher group theory one should be able to compute mass formula in the standard model though the singular value decomposition of the Cayley-Dickson algebra multiplication map and coupling constants through entanglement quantifiers. Last but not least one should be able to quantify if the presence of zero-divisors in that multiplication map can model the unidentified type of matter called Dark matter.

All of this does not fill me with confidence, so I would not spend time trying to read or understand it (EDIT: that is: the linked article on RG, or the author’s other recent work).

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorBrian
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2017
    Thank you very much, this information is important and I will follow your advice to not spend my time exploring it.
    • CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2017

not spend my time exploring it.

Just to highlight, that the “it” not worth exploring is just the specific article that you pointed to in #3, not the topic of your question in #1, which I replied to in #2.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2017

Thanks, Urs; I’ve clarified my closing remark.