Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2017
    • (edited Sep 8th 2017)

I have further expanded the Idea-section and the list of commented references at perturbative quantum field theory.

(Not proof-read yet, need to run to catch a train.)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2017
    • (edited Nov 12th 2017)

In order to make the pointer to references on the original informal formulation of the theory more robust and useful, I am starting a collective category:reference entry titled

The idea is to collect the relevant original articles of these four authors, together with reviews and historical accounts there in one place.

This is not done yet. I have just filled in some bare minimum. Maybe somebody here feels inspired to add more. Otherwise I come back to it later.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2021
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2021

added pointer to:

(Thought I had added this long ago, but apparently I didn’t.)

diff, v42, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2021

added pointer to today’s:

• Sebastian Schenk, The Breakdown of Resummed Perturbation Theory at High Energies (arXiv:2109.00549)

diff, v43, current

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2021

added also the following pointers (all in the section here on non-convergence of the perturbation series):

diff, v44, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2022

added pointer (here) to

for review of Dyson’s argument that the perturbation series of interesting QFTs has vanishing radius of convergence

diff, v46, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2023

added to the Idea-section (here) a graphics meant to illustrate the small (really: infinitesimal) region in parameter space that is described by perturbative QFT.

(This is the same graphics I had also added to non-perturbative effect, as announced there)

diff, v47, current