Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010
    Added Todd's definition of *-quantale to quantale. Is there anything about enrichment in such things that's worth adding?
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

There will be more to add about enrichment, specifically as applied to buildings, but it will take a little while to develop. In the meantime, I have added more examples of quantales and *-quantales, and added a small section on morphisms of quantales.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman

Would it be worth making a separate page *-quantale?

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • (edited Feb 27th 2010)

It might also be nice to say something about quantaloids, i.e. closed locally posetal bicategories, and their *-version and enrichment over those. For instance, there is Walters' theorem that sheaves on a site can be presented as categories *-enriched in a certain *-quantaloid.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010

I have made some edits to quantale, and tried submitting. The first few tries resulted in an "application error", and then the next few tries produced the message, "you cannot resubmit this form again," but apparently the edits did not go through (do not appear on the current page). I don't know what to do at this point. I have saved the contents of the page within the editor elsewhere on my computer, and will await further instructions.

• CommentRowNumber6.

Never mind: I finagled a workaround.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • (edited Feb 28th 2010)

I noticed a similar behaviour just now when editing Cech methods. I can trace the problem in my case to the use of an accented character in a section title, which then seemed to hit problems in the TOC. That does not seem to be the case however in Quantale.

I have also often had messages about needing Javascript and cookies enabled, (they are).

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2012

As a follow-up to one of Mike’s remarks here at one of the Bousfield lattice threads, I added to quantale the result that restriction to the idempotent elements in a commutative affine quantale gives the right adjoint IdemIdem to the forgetful functor from frames to commutative affine quantales. (The present point being that Bousfield classes form a commutative affine quantale under smash product.)

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2012

Thanks!

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2017

I added the reference section quantale#automata and linked to it from the examples section.

{#automata}Relations with automata and process semantics

In the future I might incorporate more from that article when I understand it better.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorpcapriotti
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2018

I added the example of ideals of a commutative ring.

diff, v31, current