Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2018

Harry Gindi points out that “infinity-field” redirects here, clashing with the unrelated entry of the same name.

I can’t fix it right now. Maybe later.

diff, v8, current

1. Fixed on this page (was a relic of the unicode issues). The pages where infinity-field is used will need re-rendering, I will do that programatically in a second.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2018
    • (edited Aug 29th 2018)

Only two pages needed re-rendering it seems, done now. [Edit: actually there were a few more, but should be done now. There was a similar problem at λ-ring, which also should be fixed now along with references to it.]

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2020

Should this page have redirects from ’delta-ring’ etc.? If so, we need disambigution with the Buium-Borger sense.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

There’s already a redirect for delta-ring and delta-rings, but not for δ\delta-ring or δ\delta-rings. (There are a bunch of repetitions in the redirects; I imagine whoever it was (Toby?) was working quickly and copy-pasted σ\sigma too many times.)

• CommentRowNumber6.

I meant to ask whether people use this term, but a quick look shows they do wikipedia: delta ring.

So I guess disambiguation is needed to distinguish this from the other.

• CommentRowNumber7.

Added a small disambiguating note, but really we should strip redirects, set up a disambiguation page, etc. No time at present.

diff, v11, current

2. Added a small disambiguating note, but really we should strip redirects, set up a disambiguation page, etc. No time at present.

Baptiste Loreau

diff, v12, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2023

Despite the announcement in comment #8 being a duplicate of that in comment #7 (?), I see from the edit history that #8 in fact fixed two little typos.

While looking into this, I have slightly rearranged the first parenthetical in the sentence on empty families (here) to make it clearer what “both” is referring to.

diff, v13, current

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2023

I am dubbing the other notion of δ\delta-ring with the name “Joyal δ\delta-ring”, and will create an article soon.

diff, v15, current