Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorDmitri Pavlov
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2018
    • (edited Dec 30th 2018)

This article has a weird claim on top, highlighted in yellow (see the second line):

Redirected from “local Langlands correspondence”.

Note: local Langlands conjecture and local Langlands conjecture both redirect for “local Langlands correspondence”.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I think I fixed it, by removing a duplicate of the line

[[!redirects local Langlands correspondence]]

diff, v5, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

(well, I made the error message go away. But it remains true that this error message was weird.)

1. I agree that the error message is confusing! It comes from Instiki. Eventually I will move the handling of redirects out of the old Instiki.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2021

Added pointer to

It is curious that our quest was to understand the local Langlands correspondence in an arithmetic setting, for potentially very ramified representations, and eventually we solved it by relating it to the global Langlands correspondence in a geometric setting, in the everywhere unramified setting.

diff, v6, current

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

You have a lonely “For” above the reference. Probably some comment intended but missing.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

Oh yes, I was going to find something pithy to say, but then forgot. I’ll add

For an approach via the Fargues–Fontaine curve

We’ve discovered at least that this paper uses the tangent (,1)(\infty, 1)-topos to condensed spaces, from this MO answer.

There’s probably still a world to tap into of condensed differential cohesion, but perhaps that will have to wait.

2. Changed the description of the correspondence to reflect that the correspondence as initially stated is for GL_n. Added the description for more general reductive groups as stated in Chao Li’s notes from Jack Thorne’s class (also added in the references).

Anton Hilado

diff, v10, current

3. Edited the statement to be more accurate (Weil-Deligne representations have to be F-semisimple and the representations of GL_n(F) have to be irreducible and admissible).

Anton Hilado

diff, v10, current

4. Added some important definitions.

Anton Hilado

diff, v11, current

5. Corrected Weil-Deligne representation.

Anton Hilado

diff, v11, current

6. Corrected the example of GL_1.

Anton Hilado

diff, v11, current

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2021

Thanks for making all these edits, Anton! It’s much appreciated.

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentAuthorAnton Hilado
    Thanks! I was also planning to make a page for the global Langlands correspondence for function fields and write up some things regarding V. Lafforgue's work on the automorphic to Galois direction. Apparently I was told this is not quite "geometric" Langlands yet - maybe to be geometric one needs the formulation involving sheaves, which comes from Grothendieck's sheaf-function correspondence. But I could also add this stuff to the geometric Langlands page, although I'm not quite sure how to go about it, where to insert it, etc. Any advice?
    • CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Sounds like you want a page global Langlands correspondence. Do you know how to create a new page? Let me know if I should do it.

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

In the Definition-section, I have taken the liberty of stating again the assumption that GG denotes a reductive group (if that’s the case, please check).

Have added numbered Definition-environments and some cross-pointers.

Have hyperlinked technical terms, by enclosing them in double square brackets [[...]]:

e.g. p-adic field, residue field, class field theory

also for basic ones (such as inverse image, linear representation, irrep, invariant subspace, subgroup),

diff, v13, current

• CommentRowNumber17.

Adding in the case of GL_2 (to be completed later).

diff, v15, current

• CommentRowNumber18.

Adding in the case of GL_2 (to be completed later).

diff, v15, current

• CommentRowNumber19.

Added the case of GL_2 (reference is to lecture 9 of Kevin Buzzard’s MSRI notes). Intending to explain how the different irreducible admissible representations are obtained later (for example as induced representations for the principal series and special ones.

diff, v15, current

• CommentRowNumber20.

Edited some typos, added a placeholder for geometrization (I intend to add in some stuff later).

diff, v15, current

• CommentRowNumber21.
    Thank you for the further edits! I have made a few more edits today, and might add in a little more later. I think I can try for myself creating a new page for the global Langlands correspondence, but I'll be asking for more help here if I run into some difficulty!

I'd like to ask as well - would it be better to change the page name from "local Langlands conjecture" to "local Langlands correspondence"?
    • CommentRowNumber22.

Added a section on p-adic and mod p local Langlands.

diff, v16, current

• CommentRowNumber23.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

would it be better to change the page name from “local Langlands conjecture” to “local Langlands correspondence”

I don’t know. If you are expert on these topics and have reason to prefer one over the other, then you are invited to change it.

• CommentRowNumber24.

Added principal series and the Bernstein-Zelevinsky theorem.

diff, v17, current

• CommentRowNumber25.

Added the statement of the “geometric” local Langlands.

diff, v20, current

• CommentRowNumber26.
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2021

Changed the definition of Bun_G (should be G-torsors and not just vector bundles) and created new pages for “L-parameter” and “moduli stack of L-parameters”.

diff, v21, current

• CommentRowNumber27.
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2022

Added mention of solid abelian groups and condensed mathematics.

diff, v22, current

• CommentRowNumber28.

Added reference to the work of Vincent Lafforgue. Made mention of Fargues and Scholze’s use of “anima” (infinity groupoids) to construct the spectral action.

diff, v23, current

• CommentRowNumber29.

Added mention of the work of Anschütz and Le Bras that use the spectral action to show existence of the Hecke eigensheaf.

diff, v23, current

• CommentRowNumber30.

Added Fargues-Scholze’s notation for the moduli stack of L-parameters.

diff, v23, current

• CommentRowNumber31.
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2023

Added links to p-adic and mod p local Langlands correspondences, and creating pages.

diff, v24, current