Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2019
    • (edited Feb 4th 2019)

As requested a few times, xypic diagrams are now available as well as Tikz diagrams. An example is currently at the Sandbox. One writes \begin{xymatrix} ... \end{xymatrix}. This is not quite as in LaTeX, but is easier to implement currently.

One can also write \begin{xymatrix@=5em}...\end{xymatrix} to resize both rows and columns, or the same with @R (resp . @C) instead of @ to resize only rows (resp. only columns).

We need to add this to the HowTo page eventually.

[Edited this to reflect changes in syntax from first draft. ]

1. Here is the github commit.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorAlec Rhea
    Much appreciated! If it isn't done by the time I get home tonight I'll update the how-to page.
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorAlec Rhea
    • (edited Feb 1st 2019)
    I've added a subsection for xymatrix, the bent arrows don't seem to be rendering on my screen though. It also didn't like the code

\xymatrix@C+2pc{A \rtwocell^f_g{\alpha} & B}

for a 2-cell diagram, but I need to add \usepackage[2cell]{xy} and \UseTwocells in my preamble to get them to render properly which might be related.
  2. Thank you very much for adding to the HowTo!

I’ll look into those issues as soon as I get the chance, probably this evening.

3. Fixed both now. The reason that the curved arrows example was broken is that the LaTeX standalone package chops them off. I have introduced a workaround, described at the HowTo. I have also changed the syntax for an xymatrix block.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorAlec Rhea
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2019
    Looks great Richard, thanks again.
    • CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorMarc
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2019
    Thank you, that is very good news!