Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009

created A Survey of Elliptic Cohomology - elliptic curves with seminar notes on an exposition on elliptic curves.

Am hoping that some kind soul will eventually further go through these seminar notes and copy bits of material to separete entries, where it belongs. Eventually.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorJonAwbrey

Why is this in Trash?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels

Why is this in Trash?

I suppose that Urs must have put it in the wrong category when he started it. I've just moved it.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Oops. was it in Trash? Certainly not intentionally. Thanks for noticing and for fixing it!

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009

Wow! Our first official latest changes discussion (meaning, more than one comment), and the intellectual level is just amazing.

Just to clarify: if you are logged in then you can post in any category, so you need to be sure that your 'latest changes' post goes in the 'latest changes' category. If you do post in the wrong place then the discussion can be moved. There are currently (at most) three people who can move a discussion from one category to another: the original poster (Mike's done this twice with the original 'latest changes' discussion), Toby (who has moderator privileges), and the n-Forum Admin (me, but not me, if you see what I mean). So if you spot a discussion in the wrong category, make sure one of those three people knows about it.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorJonAwbrey
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009
    • (edited Oct 1st 2009)

¤ sigh ¤

I remember my first Mac — the one I carried around in my bak.pak — someone had written an apple app that attached to the trashcan, and whenever you put something in the trash a little Oscar the Grouch puppet — I couldn't see if he had any socks — came out and sang "I— l-o-o-o-v-e— trash!"

Good times …

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2013

copied some of the paragraphs to elliptic curve and polished slightly.

An improvement to the previous situation, but still not good.