Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
  1. This is fj test page for putting an article on nLab

fj

v1, current

2. This is fj test page for putting an article on nLab

fj

diff, v2, current

3. Changed page name and added to idea and fixed the reference.

fj

diff, v2, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2019

I’m sorry, but this was not yet discussed. I’m not in favour of making a page merely as a landing page to your notes. My comments in the other thread were merely to make sure people could see what material you had. You didn’t specify in what format your notes would be “added to the nLab”. The default of adding things to the nLab is to incorporate them into the pages as written, not just serve as a link to an off-site document. Famous or often-used reference articles or books sometimes get their own page (like the Elephant, for instance, or Higher Topos Theory), but not just any set of notes.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorfred53
    I did not know you are not in favor of it. If it is irregular and you want me to remove it, I will.
    • CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman

Yes, I think the appropriate way to add this, if it is appropriate (I haven’t looked at it), would be as a link in the References section of some other page.

4. I removed the link to the notes. I am contemplating rewriting the notes in nLab. If that wont prove practical, I will request that this page be removed.

fj

diff, v3, current

5. Adding a table of contents, this is all an experiment.

fj

diff, v3, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2019

It might be a better idea to experiment in the Sandbox to start with. Or, alternatively, why not incorporate the content of the various sections of your notes into the specific relevant pages?

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorfred53
    I started from Sandbox, but then added the reference and changed the page name. I think Sandbox would be the only place in nLab that this page is referenced from. Anyway, since as suggested the link to my notes was inappropriate, I removed it, but added a table of contents. I took it from your "The default of adding things to the nLab is to incorporate them into the pages as written" to imply that it is basically admissible for me rewrite the material in an nLab page in the format native to nLab. This would take me a long time, given I be able to do at all - I haven't ywt figured out how to define a Latex command like, "\newcommand{\A}{\mathcal{A}}". But before I give it a real shot, I would appreciate to verify that this expository note would be admissible. Thanks.
    • CommentRowNumber11.

I’m not sure I would count all of your notes as expository. There are few explanations of what all the formula-heavy sections mean. One could write a thick book spanning the scope of what you write.

The TeX-like capabilities of the nLab are not that of full (La)TeX.

If you want to contribute to the differential geometry content, that’s great. But first see what’s there, and how it could be improved based on what you know of the topic.

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorfred53
    Thanks for the advice. You may be right about the expository nature of the notes, and come to think of it, it is rather hard to collaborate on expository content as it is so style dependent. And conversion from Latex seems not so easy anyway. In view of all this, I would like to request that nLab remove this (experimental) page. As you suggest, I will explore nLab more and look for other ways to contribute.
    • CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Mar 18th 2019)

entry removed by author’s request (here)

diff, v4, current