Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2021
    • (edited Feb 28th 2021)

As described at funding of the nLab, the nLab is moving to the cloud! We will be collaborating with the Topos Institute; as again described at funding of the nLab, the Topos Institute will be handling the actual finances, and in particular the handling of donations.

We are now opening for a first round of donations! The goal is to raise enough to support the running of the nLab for a number of years in the cloud. I think it is not unrealistic to hope that we can raise several thousand USD, which would support us for a long time. Many people have indicated previously that they would be willing to donate something.

Please donate something if you can! You can make a donation at the following link:

https://topos.institute/contact

Click ’Donate’, and then select ’nLab Online Wiki Restricted Fund’ in the field ’My donation is for’. As mentioned at funding of the nLab, we will not make donations public (though of course feel free to announce here if you do make a donation, you of course do not need to mention how much!); the contact details are just necessary for the payment to go through.

For now, I think the plan is just to make this announcement here, and to spread it by word of mouth: feel free to spread the word however you wish, e.g. on social media.

I would like too to put a discreet notice at the top of the nLab indicating that we are raising funds, with the option to hide this message; but I have not received clear support for this idea. Please let me know if you think we should do this.

Brendan (Fong) will keep me updated about the progress of the funding; I will post here when we reach notable milestones, or otherwise at intervals.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2021
    • (edited Mar 1st 2021)

Great!

We need a vivid donate button, that says

Donate!

and comes with background information.

Richard, please do go ahead with adding a discreet notice to nnLab pages. It was a misunderstanding.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorKeith Harbaugh
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2021
    It would be nice if Topos Institute would accept donations via PayPal.
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2021
    • (edited Mar 2nd 2021)

If you see this, David C or Mike, would it be possible for you or John Baez to make a quick n-category café post alerting to the fact that the nLab is asking for donations, pointing to funding of the nLab?

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2021

I’ve just posted there.

1. Perfect, thanks!