Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011
    • (edited Sep 6th 2011)

Removed a query at connection for a differential graded algebra.

Eric: I like this algebraic definition. Do you know who it can be traced back to? Koszul? I’ve come across it via Dimakis and Muller-Hoissen.

Urs Schreiber: i think this is the concept that is described at Lie infinity-algebroid representation. It is the same (up to very minor technical differences) that Jonathan Block calls a superconnection in this article.

Zoran Historically I do not know, it is certainly several decades old in this form. But things always depend on the context. For example if one takes the noncommutative differential forms of Karoubi for Ω A\Omega^\bullet A (what is not quite semi-free – there is a small kernel determined by the augmentation map) then one has a definition of connection of Connes and Karoubi in nc differential geometry, used in that context from early 1980s. Flat connections for semi-free dgas are used also often when studying deformation theory problems via semi-free resolutions…Term superconnection is from Quillen. Does Block use it differently from Quillen ?